An OC-48 Idle Signal Generator creates a Keep-Alive signal using stuffed SONET overhead bytes. The SPG-INGEN48, inserted into Optical Transport Systems (OTSs), generates Keep-Alive signals for prebuilt OC-48 circuits that are installed but not being actively used, thus preventing the transport system from generating repetitive alarms to the network operations center.
Installed yet not-in-service transport systems can be monitored by operations centers, prior to turn-up, for any faults in the transmission path.
· One SPG-INGEN48
· One Standard 120V AC power cord
· One Mounting kit
· One Operations manual
- Low price solution
- Operates on –48V battery or AC.
- Lightweight and portable.
- Simple operation.
- Outputs four OC-48c signals
- Laser Type Class I*
- Wavelength 1310 nm
- Power Range -3dBm to -10 dBm
- Signal 4/OC-48c Idle signals with SONET overhead bytes
Reference FDA 21 CFR 1040.10 and FDA 21 CFR 1040.11
Frequency Stability ± 4.6 ppm
Signal quality Meets or exceeds Bellcore GR-253 standards
Signal connectors ST-style optical
- Yellow Wait/Failed Boot up
- Green Successful boot up; Laser(s) active (one LED for each port set)
- Standard AC power cord
- Terminal block for DC
- 110-250 V AC
- -48V DC office battery